Thursday, April 28, 2005

New Opal Socks!

Well, I finished 'em. These are just washed, still drying, and I'm not sure but what they might be too small for Larry! Thanks goodness I have a second ball of this yarn, so I can do another pair if need be, and keep this pair for myself.

The day marches forward, though, and still I have managed little more than breakfast for the dogs and myself, and a shower for me. I guess I'd better wind some more skeins. Also, I'm due to pen a newlsetter for my customers, so people know I'm Still Out Here with nice yarns.

I've had a lot of fun dyeing some of my yarns lately, and hope someday to be as accomplished at this as Judy and Su. It amazes me, what these two ladies can do with multiple colors! I aspire, but continue just doing single colors for now.

I think I'm gonna get busy on Seamus' sweater again for awhile, and hopefully some inspiration will hit me for tonight's supper while I'm working.

Have started some flowers for the garden in those funky little peat pots, in hopes of defeating my "black thumb" for once and for all. I'm even going to gamble on some tomatoes, and will plant those seeds as soon as the peat pots have finished expanding to full size. I have such a nice, sunny back deck which at the moment only gets used for drying clothes. It might be an ideal place for tomatoes in containers, if I can just remember to water them once they are in those containers...

No comments: