Monday, May 22, 2006

New Project Picture Journal


Coopworth Fleece purchased at NH Sheep & Wool on Saturday, 13 May 2006. 3-1/2 lbs shorn from an 11 month onld ewe named Maggie. So clean I am working with it "in the grease" and loving it!


These are freshly hackled locks, still in the grease, and ready to spin. I still can't believe how easily this stuff goes through the hackle, and how little waste there is!



This is the center section of my razor shell/feather and fan shawl. I decided to see how it would block out before starting the feather and fan edging, plus I need to spin some more of the yarn so I can finish. This is one of Liz Lovick's patterns, and I really love its simple elegance.


Here's a little close-up shot. Dig the variations in color! Can anyone say "Big E?"

1 comment:

cindy said...

Lovely!!! What pattern are you using?