Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sock Washing Day

I've been meaning to do this for awhile -- take a pic of a rack full of my freshly-washed socks. I learned yesterday that this big rack holds 34 pairs, exactly. This means I have about 16 clean pairs left until these are dry.

Yes, I'm addicted to sock knitting. It's portable and easy, and my feet love the end product!

Currently working on a pair of blue socks for hubby. Our 25th wedding anniversary is this week, so I guess I'd better come through with something nice. I'm using the railway (or is it railroad) stitch from Nancy Bush's Vintage Socks book, and knitting with a gorgeous hand dyed Blue-Faced Leicester yarn from String Theory. I hope I have enough yarn to finish! Hubby's feet are 12 inches long...

One sock done so far, and a good 4 inches on the cuff of the second. I won't make it in time for the actual date of our anniversary, but maybe by the weekend...

No comments: