Sunday, June 10, 2007

About 20 years ago...

Actually, it's more like 22 years ago, that I worked in a crappy little record store in West St. Paul, Minnesota. There was this annoying assistant manager who was useless as tits on a bull, BUT in retrospect I have to admit that he was good for something after all.

This all started with my signing up for Rhapsody about a week ago. I was heading back to work and knew I would be completely lost without my mp3 player properly stoked up with tunes. For a modest monthly fee, I can get unlimited downloads of all sorts of stuff. I just can't burn copies of anything unless I buy the tracks. OK, fine. I use the mp3 player everywhere, even in the car. As long as I stay subscribed, I get to keep what I download. Tres cool. I have been revisiting music I haven't heard in 22 years.

But back to my useless assistant manager.

He was a fan of a local musician who had just released his first album. Who knew I would fall in love with that album the way I did?

I lost the cassette copy I made a long time ago, and I had almost forgotten about it. Then last night as I was scoring tunes by the Yardbirds and Traffic, I remembered Paul Metsa . His first album, Paper Tigers, has just been re-released on CD. Rhapsody has it, along with a couple of his other releases. I feel like I've gotten a hug from a long-lost friend, and not only that, I have an opportunity to catch up with his most recent work!

The link will take you to his page on CD Baby. There are audio samples. Check him out, you won't be sorry.

There are now seven parts of Doubtful Sound up on the website. Just updated yesterday, so if you've been waiting with bated breath...

Well, a writer can fantasize, can't s/he????

I've been spinning on my Golding spindle, but haven't felt much like knitting lately. I seem to go in phases. C'est la guerre!

1 comment:

cindy said...

When will number 8 be posted? I finished part 7 (on your web site)instead of bothering you for the Word file, and I want to know what happens next!