Thursday, June 04, 2009

Me and my big....

Hair! And finally, a solution to keep it off my neck and out of my nose and/or mouth!
Here's the yarn, from String Theory in Blue Hill, Maine. It's a nice, hand-dyed sock weight yarn, merino and bamboo blend, in a colorway they call Labrador. It shines so beautifully! And I have enough left over to make something else semi-substantial, like, maybe a pair of socks?The pattern is the Lacy Starfish Snood, which I found free on Ravelry, thanks to the nice ladies in the Veiled Knitters group. It was a really pleasant, quick knit. So, if you find yourself in need of near-instant gratification...I love the way this contains my hair so elegantly! I may not be so quick to chop my hair short this time, now that I have an effective way to tame it.

No comments: