Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Harlot Batt Yarn

OK, folks, here it is. Sad to say, I got less than an ounce worth, 'cause I got impatient and try to ply the yarn back on itself from a center-pull ball. Sometimes this works for me, and sometimes I get carried away and end up with a biiiiiiiiig snarl. So I figure I lost about 10 yards of singles and about 1/4 ounce. [sigh] I wonder if I will ever learn?

So, this is about 3/4 of an ounce of 2-ply, approximately 78 yards, spun from a "Harlot Batt" of my own making. I dyed, I carded, I spun, I like! It's soft! It's bouncy! It's...oh, poo! There are only 78 yards. I might have to spin up some more, and THIS time I will put one ounce on each bobbin, and...[sigh]...maybe not get a big fat snarl in the middle of plying again.

If I had enough, don't y'all think it would make nice socks? Or fingerless gloves?

OK, back to knitting more of Inishmaan.

No comments: