Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Done!

First, the Nova Mob t-shirt. It was a bit of a mess when it arrived, and looked like it had been baptized in coffee in random places, plus its previous owner had rather obviously sweated copiously in it over the years. No amount of washing and Shout could fix either problem, so, completely undaunted by this, I bought some ecru dye. Not bad for a 20 year old t-shirt, eh? I'm pretty sure the graphic is Grant's own design. My hubby is scared of it!
Now, for the Belgrade Quincy Hat. I finished it today, and it has had its bath and is drying on the rack in the living room. Pics were taken before washing. The hat grew a little as the yarn relaxed, so I may have to chuck it in the dryer at some point.

The green you see peeking out from beneath the hat is the edge of the box Grant mailed the yarn in. Yes, I'm keeping the box. It makes me smile every time I think of him covering every inch of the thing in green tape, for the sake of recycling.
I used less than half of the skein for this hat, so there's plenty of yarn left to make another hat. I'm tempted to give Grant a share in this. It would serve him well in the winter, that's for sure.


No comments: